- The name of the Club is Dinton Cricket Club
- The object of the Club is to provide facilities for and promote participation of the whole community in the sport of cricket by:-
- To promote village cricket;
- The provision of opportunities for recreation, social intercourse, and refreshment for the benefit of member;
- The provision and maintenance of the clubhouse at Dinton Recreation Ground, Dinton, Salisbury, Wilts
- To develop a youth section in order to:-
i.Encourage boys and girls to obtain enjoyment from the game of cricket, coupled with good sportsmanship and fair play;
ii. Develop the natural skills of boys and girls by a regular programme of coaching and matches;
iii. Act as a nursery for the Club by providing future players.
- Membership shall be open to all, irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, creed, colour, social, social status and sexual
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club by adopting and implementing the ECB ‘save hands – welfare of young people in cricket’ policy
and future versions of policy.
- The club may refuse membership or expel from membership only for good and sufficient cause, such as contact or character likely to bring the Club or
sport into disrepute. Appeal against such a decision may be made to the club’s members and decided by a majority vote.
- The categories of membership shall be
i. Vice president
ii. Adult member (over 18)
iii. Colt (15-18)
iv. Youth up to 15
v. Non playing
vi. Non voting
- The Committee, at its sole discretion, shall elect candidates for membership.
- The management of the Club shall be entrusted to a Committee consisting of the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer,
Captain, Vice-Captain, Club Child Welfare Office, and at least five other members of the Club, elected annually at the annual general meeting. The Committee shall meet at least twice in every year at
such times as the Committee shall determine, and at all meetings of the Committee six shall form a quorum.
- The Committee shall have the power at any time to fill any casual vacancy among the Officers and Committee. Any Officer or member of the Committee
so appointed shall hold office only until the next annual general meeting, but shall then be eligible for re-election.
- Every member shall pay, on being admitted to the Club, an entrance fee and thereafter an annual subscription, which shall be due on the date of the
first Saturday league match in each year. The entrance fee and annual subscription shall be such as is fixed from time to time by the members at a general meeting.
- No person shall at any time be entitled to receive at the expense of the Club or of any member thereof any commission, percentage or similar payment
on or with reference to purchases of intoxicating liquor by the club, nor shall any person directly or indirectly derive any pecuniary benefit from the supply of intoxicating liquor by or on behalf
of the Club to members or guests apart from any benefit accruing to the Club as a whole and apart also from ant benefit which a person derives indirectly by reason of the supply giving rise to or
contribution to a general gain for the carrying on of the Club.
- The purchase for the Club and the supply of the Club of intoxicating liquor shall be at the absolute discretion of a Sub-Committee of not less then
three members being members of that Sub-Committee appointed by the Committee for that purpose. In the event of any member for any reason ceasing to be a member of the Committee, he shall
automatically cease to be a member of the Sub-Committee and another member of the Committee shall be appointed in his/her place, Such Sub-Committee shall on way restricted in freedom of
- There may be admitted to the Club’s registered premises persons other than members of their guests and intoxicating liquor may be sold to such
persons by or on behalf of the Club for consumption on the premises and not elsewhere.
- The income and property of the club shall be applied solely towards promoting the club’s objects as set forth in this constitution and no portion
thereof shall be paid or transferred, directly or indirectly, to the Members of the Club or third parties.
- Full accounts of the financial affairs of the Club, duly audited by the auditors, shall be available to every member at the general meeting.
- If a member shall fail to pay his subscription within 28 days after it has become due the Honorary Treasurer may send him a notice in writing to his
address as recorded in the books of the Club calling upon him to pay the same days. If he shall fail to so pay his subscription the Committee shall be entitled to terminate his membership without
- An annual general meeting of the Club shall be held in the month of October in each year, and 15 months shall not elapse without a general meeting.
At the annual general meeting the following business shall be conducted: -
- The presentation and (if accepted) the passing of accounts for the previous financial year ended on the 30th day of September prior to
the meeting. Which accounts shall first have been audited by Club’s Auditors;
- The election of Officers and Committee;
- The election of Auditors;
- Such other business as shall have been communicated to the Honorary Secretary and included in the notice of the meeting sent by him to members
- An extraordinary general meeting may be convened at any time and hall be convened within 10 days on the requisition of any two members of the
Committee or five members of the Club. Such requisition must state the purpose for which such a meeting is required.
- The Honorary Secretary shall, at least seven days before any general meeting, sand to every member at his address as recorded in the Club’s book, a
notice of meeting stating the time and the place where it will be held and the business to be conducted.
- The business at a general meeting shall be limited to that provided by these rules and those further matters set out in the notice convening the
meeting. The quorum at a general meeting shall be 6, of which at least 2 shall be Officers
- At all meeting of the Club each member shall have one vote.
- The Chairman of the Club shall preside at all meetings but if he shall not be present within fifteen minutes after the time appointed for the
meeting or has signified his inability to be present at the meeting, the Vice-Chairman will preside at the meeting, but if he is similarly absent, the members present shall choose one of their
members to be chairman of the meeting.
- The Committee shall have the power to expel any member who shall offend against the rules of the Club or whose conduct shall, in the opinion of the
committee render him unfit for membership of the Club. Before any member is expelled the Honorary Secretary shall give him 7 days written notice to attend a meeting of the Committee and shall inform
him of the complaints made against him. No member shall be expelled with first having the opportunity of appearing before the Committee and answering complaints made against him nor unless at least
two-thirds of the Committee then present vote in favour of his expulsion.
- Any member shall be entitled to introduce guests to the Club provided that no person whose application for membership has been declined or who has
been expelled from the Club shall be introduced as a guest. The member introducing a guest shall enter the name and address of the guest together with his own name in a book, which shall be kept at
- The Club shall open on such days and between such hours as decided by the Committee and notified to the members by a notice posted on the Club
- The permitted hours for the supply of intoxicating liquor shall be from 11.00am to 11.00pm. Except Sundays, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, when
11.00am to 10.30pm apply.
- Intoxicating liquor shall not be supplied to any persons under 18 years of age.
- The committee may from time to time make, vary and revoke regulations not inconsistent with these rules for the regulation of the internal affairs
of the Club and the conduct of the members. All regulations shall, until revoked by the Committee, be binding on the members.
- No alteration or addition to these rules shall be made except by resolution carried by a majority of a least two-thirds of the members present at a
general meeting, the notice of which shall have contained particulars of the proposed alteration or addition. The Honorary Secretary shall as soon as possible and in any case within 28 days of the
making of such alteration or addition to the Chief Officer of the police and to the clerk of the local authority of the district in which the Club is situated.
- Winding up
· The members may vote to wind up the Club if not less than three quarters of those present and voting
support that proposal at a properly convened general meeting.
· The committee will then be responsible for the orderly winding up of the Club’s
· After settling all liabilities of the Club, the Committee shall
dispose of the net assets remaining to one or more of the following:
o To another Club with similar sports purposes which is a registered charity and or
To another Club with similar sports purposes which is a
registered CASC and/or to the Club's governing body for use by them for related community sports